Bitwise»Forums
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Bitwise videos on Resilio Sync
Edited by Mārtiņš Možeiko on
Same as with HandmadeHero I am sharing Bitwise videos on Resilio Sync.

For those who doesn't know Resilio Sync - its a peer-to-peer sharing software. It uses similar technology as torrents. There is no central server where files are stored, everybody who downloads files also uploads same files to other peers. Discovering shared files happens through special key for folder (similar to what "magnet" URL is for torrents).

These video files are direct recordings provided to me by Per, so they probably are a bit better quality than YouTube uploads.

Share also contains audio-only mp3 files extracted from each video file.

You can get everything with following key: B5RPBJHZKRWVQ65M3QWLWJ4T5EPXTEM4R

File names and their sizes in share are available on this gist.
Per Vognsen
49 posts / 1 project
Edited by Per Vognsen on
Thanks for helping us with this! I'm going to update links in the repository to point people here if they want non-YouTube video and audio-only downloads.
Pau Fernández
1 posts
Thanks for the shared folder, works like a charm!
5 posts
Thankfully there is a docker image for resilio so not yet another app to install...
Works well, thanks!
2 posts
Can someone please provide downloads using Syncthing? <-- Preferable

Or maybe two separate downloads for Resilio Sync - one for videos, one for audios.

Because Resilio Sync does not allow Selective download on Free version. And downloading 24 gb on a limited and slow internet connection is not possible for me.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
I would really like to use free alternative to Resilio Sync, but Syncthing still has a big disadvantage - I would need to approve other nodes who connect to share I am hosting. And I don't want to do that. This is more work for me, and more latency/waiting time (what if I'm on vacation) for anybody who wants to use the shared files.

With Resilio this is easy - I just publish the share key and that's it, anybody can use it. But there is no such thing as "public share" with Syncthing last time I checked it.

With free version you can use IgnoreList filter to ignore files you don't want. I wrote how to use it in HandmadeHero topic: https://hero.handmade.network/for...lio_sync_formerly_bittorrent_sync
2 posts
mmozeiko
I would really like to use free alternative to Resilio Sync, but Syncthing still has a big disadvantage - I would need to approve other nodes who connect to share I am hosting. And I don't want to do that. This is more work for me, and more latency/waiting time (what if I'm on vacation) for anybody who wants to use the shared files.

With Resilio this is easy - I just publish the share key and that's it, anybody can use it. But there is no such thing as "public share" with Syncthing last time I checked it.

With free version you can use IgnoreList filter to ignore files you don't want. I wrote how to use it in HandmadeHero topic: https://hero.handmade.network/for...lio_sync_formerly_bittorrent_sync

Okay, Thank you!
10 posts
Edited by Vee900 on
@mmozeiko The videos are stuck on day 35 for sometime now Help out please
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Per (or Google Drive) was delaying uploads for a bit. Now it should be updated to latest.
Per Vognsen
49 posts / 1 project
Yeah, the problem is that Google Drive fills up and I have to manually clean it when that happens. Sorry about that.
Sean
2 posts
@mmozeiko, your link to the HandmadeHero thread isn't working. I am trying to find the code to set back up the Resilio Sync for HandmadeHero and the "Search with Google" box is returning the same link.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Hmm, not sure what has happened. It seems that the post has been deleted or hidden... Not sure, I'll ask around.

You can get contents of it by using google cache search - go to google and enter this: "cache: https://hero.handmade.network/for...lio_sync_formerly_bittorrent_sync". Put full url there.
Sean
2 posts
Thanks!!!