Bitwise»Forums
Manuel Maier
6 posts
None
YouTube Playlist Videos Listed in Reverse Order
Edited by Manuel Maier on Reason: Initial post
Hey,

since comments are disabled on youtube, I'm posting here.

The videos in the youtube playlist are in reverse order. Autoplay always moves to the wrong video once I finished one, e.g. when I finish day 6 it automatically moves to day 5. Would be nice if you could rearrange it and append future videos to the end rather then the start.

This is the link to the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?...LU94OURih-CiP4WxKSMt3UcwMSDM3aTtX

Btw, I love the project! Good job.

- Manu
Per Vognsen
49 posts / 1 project
Edited by Per Vognsen on
I actually chose it intentionally so newer videos would be visible on the subscriber landing page. It's easy for me to reverse it, though, and I guess if you're watching things back to back it's pretty annoying the way it is now. I think reversing the order back to normal is probably the way to go (I'll do it right now), and then I'll think about a better way of highlighting new content on the channel page. I'll leave the uploads playlist in newest-to-oldest order for now.

Thanks for the reminder, and I appreciate the kudos. :)
Matt Mascarenhas
135 posts / 1 project
Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
There's also the option of watching in the guide. Of the things you mentioned, Manu, it doesn't auto-play the next episodes, but you can hit > or ] (or click on the "Next: *" button at the bottom) when you want to jump to the next one. If you'd prefer auto-play, though, I can add it as an option. And if you're not fussed to see the entire webpage, you can hit t or T to use one of the "theatre modes".
Manuel Maier
6 posts
None
Thanks Per, appreciate it! I didn't think it was done on purpose because I never ran a YouTube channel myself before.

One more thing. I think something got mixed up. The current order in the playlist is:

Entry 1: day 3
Entry 2: day 2
Entry 3: day 1
Entry 4: day 0
Entry 5: day 4
Entry 6: ...

After that it seems chronologically sorted. Not sure if that's intentional, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
Manuel Maier
6 posts
None
Thanks Miblo, totally forgot that Bitwise already has an episode guide! That's definitely a good alternative. To me, auto-play isn't that important. I just had it on by default and it made me notice that the videos played in reverse order. Thanks for the offer, though.
Per Vognsen
49 posts / 1 project
The weird ordering for the first few days should be fixed. It was sorted by "date added" rather than "date published", which is now fixed.